Resources for Your Career:
We support your success in every way.
In addition to a friendly, welcoming team that is second to none, you’ll find everything you need to realize your most important career objectives at Southeast Georgia Health System. If you’re considering a career change, consider all of these advantages we proudly offer to our team members:
At Southeast Georgia Health System, we believe in making life more pleasant for every member of our community — including our team members. Which is why we offer a truly comprehensive, competitive set of benefits at a reasonable cost. Here is a brief summary of our benefit highlights:
- Health plan, including prescription drug plan
- Disease management-wellness program
- Dental plan
- Flexible spending accounts
- Basic term life and AD&D insurance
- Supplemental life and voluntary portable term life insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Retirement plan
- 529 college savings plan
- Employee assistance program
- Portable whole life insurance
- Pre-paid legal/identity theft
- Cancer insurance
- Critical illness insurance
Featuring one of the largest hospital-based simulation centers in a four state area, the Center boasts the most highly evolved human patient simulators available for hands-on learning. The simulation lab offers not one, but a whole family of simulation mannequins that have the capability to produce virtually any human function that might occur in a real medical emergency.
Situated throughout the charming Golden Isles of Southeast Georgia, our locations benefit from stunning physical beauty, pleasant surroundings, and a lifestyle many consider among the nation’s best.
This group of barrier islands touches the Atlantic Ocean, and offers a unique combination of moderate temperatures, historical landmarks, excellent schools, fine arts and entertainment opportunities, boutique shopping, and golf courses that demand to be played.
If you’re thinking about relocating, we urge you to review the following helpful links, which will provide you with much more detail about the specific communities from which you can choose:
Our Nurse Residency Program:
12 Months to Learn, Grow, and Hone Your Skills.
Becoming a nurse presents some challenges, but you can overcome them with the proper guidance and resources. As a participant in the Nurse Residency Program at Southeast Georgia Health System, you’ll have the opportunity to learn from experienced professionals, while gaining the patient exposure, experience, skills, ability, and confidence to realize your dream of being a professional nurse in full.
Established to help new graduates transition from nursing graduate to professional nurse, this 12-month program offers vital education, guidance, and support as you take on your new role of registered nurse. During the first 12 weeks, you’ll rotate through different nursing units and have access to various educational opportunities. At this time, you can designate your Area of Passion and apply to join our team at our Brunswick, Georgia or Camden, Georgia locations. After this initiation phase, department-specific orientation will continue.
The ensuring program consists of the following elements:
• Unit-based precepting
• Personal mentoring
• Ancillary rounds
• Group activities
• Educational opportunities
• Simulation and drills
The benefits of this program are enormous, and the requirements are simple.
Each participant will sign a two-year reciprocity agreement to:
• Successfully complete the program.
• Maintain full-time employment with Southeast Georgia Health System for two years after completion of the program.
• Remain in the assigned nursing unit for a minimum of six months before applying for a transfer to another unit within our health system.
NURSE RESIDENCY PROGRAM TIMELINE
- Monday, January 29: Application submission period begins.
- Friday, February 16: Application submission period ends.
- Mid-March-Early April: Interview, hiring decisions, notification, and new-hire processing period.
- June-July: Orientation dates and first day of employment.
- Mid-July: Program kickoff.
To learn more and apply, please contact:
Nurse Recruiter and Retention Specialist
Southeast Georgia Health System
2415 Parkwood Drive, Brunswick, GA 31520
Phone: 912.466.5168. Fax: 912.466.3113