Southeast Georgia Health System has an opportunity for a Diabetes Educator
to join our Team Member Education
team on the Brunswick Campus!
Responsible for working with the Diabetes Program Coordinator in establishing and coordinating consistency of diabetes care in both the hospital and the outpatient setting as well as community services. Works as a team member with the Diabetes Program Coordinator with Health System staff, providers, physicians' office staff, and the community to assist in achieving the operational goals for the Diabetes Education Program in conjunction with Health System goals.
As a Diabetes Educator
, you will:
- Share responsibility for the implementation of the operational plan for the diabetes education program.
- Provide diabetes education in a team approach to hospitalized patients as well as to patients in the outpatient and community settings.
- Work with the Coordinator, Diabetes Program to ensure ADA recognition/certification requirements are met.
- Identifiy and notifiy the Coordinator, Diabetes Program of diabetes education opportunities for all clinical staff involved in patient care.
- Work with Coordinator to ensure educational content/curriculum for the diabetes classes and programs are consistent with American Diabetes Association and regulatory guidelines.
- Teach competencies, orientation, and classes to patients and staff on a group/individual basis as necessary.
- Function as a resource, mentor and clinical expert on diabetes for the Health System.
- Assist with diabetes-related new equipment and product training for program and system staff.
- Work with Program Coordinator in marketing of the diabetes program to physicians, patients, families, and community groups.
- Maintain membership on Diabetes Medical Advisory Board & assists Coordinator with DMAB activities.
- Achieve and maintain Certified Diabetes Educator status or obtains required CE hours until becomes a CDE
As a Diabetes Educator,
you will need:
- Bachelors degree in nursing or a related field, associates degree will be considered with appropraite experience.
- 2 years of experience in Med/Surg Nursing or as a dietician. Experience as a Diabetes Educator is preferred.
- Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE) is to be obtained within 18 months of hire.
- Current Georgia RN License or LD/RD
- Current American Heart Association CPR Certification is required.
All employees of Southeast Georgia Health System will promote a culture of safety, follow established policies, and adhere to all state and federal regulatory requirements, JCAHO requirements, and national patient safety standards. All team members of Southeast Georgia Health System will promote service excellence by developing and maintaining positive relationships with customers, other team members, and the medical staff and will ensure the highest quality of care by performing their responsibilities according to the highest professional standards.cription of job responsibilities is intended to reflect the major responsibilities and duties of the job, but is not intended to describe minor duties or other responsibilities ae assigned from time to time.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or national origin. EOE/AA: M/F/D/VJob Type:
8-5 or similar