Southeast Georgia Health System has an opportunity for a Laboratory Assistant
to join our Laboratory team on our Camden Campus! Summary:
Responsible for the efficient and timely registration and test ordering of all laboratory samples. All team members of Southeast Georgia Health System will promote a culture of safety, follow established policies and adhere to all state and federal regulatory requirements, Joint Commission requirements, and national patient safety standards.
The Laboratory Assistant
will perform the following essential responsibilities:
- Assumes responsibility for the safely and comfort of the patients in accordance with established laboratory standards and practices
- Performs timely and accurate patient registration.
- Performs laboratory support functions. Performs pre-analytical and post-analytical laboratory functions as assigned.
- Demonstrates correct procedure for completion of venipuncture/skin puncture procedures for patients of all ages.
- Performs pre-analytical and post-analytical laboratory functions as assigned.
- Responsible for paging and communicating client needs to client service representative and phlebotomists.
- Performs filing and maintenance of laboratory request forms with associated paperwork and reference lab reports.
- Receives specimens into the LIS from nursing units and immediately transports specimens to appropriate testing section, communicating appropriately as to priority (i.e., STATS).
- Responsible for communicating with the public, medical staff and interdepartmental personnel regarding client and patient needs and testing reports.
- Maintains extremely confidential and accurate records for appropriate billing and regulatory practices.
- Ensures reports are delivered to appropriate physicians or areas.
- Provides collection of blood specimens from patients, transports specimens to the laboratory for analysis.
- Works flexible hours to include weekends and holidays.
- Performs other duties as directed.:
The ideal Laboratory Assistant
candidate should posses the following minimal qualifications:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- General office experience preferred.
- Keyboard skills, operation of photocopier and fax machines.
All team members of Southeast Georgia Health System will promote service excellence by developing and maintaining positive relationships with customers, other team members, and the medical staff and will ensure the highest quality of care by performing their responsibilities according to the highest professional standards All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or national origin. EOE/AA: M/F/D/VJob Type: