Job Description Interested in working for the Golden Isles' healthcare provider and employer of choice?
Throughout the many locations that make up the Southeast Georgia Health System network, there is a common thread that pulls everything together: A team of committed professionals like you. These individuals appreciate the value of every person who walks through our doors, and are the key to our culture of Service Excellence.
As a Manager of the Admissions department, you will play an integral role in the patient experience. You will manage and coordinate patient access for the Brunswick Campus and assist the Director of Admissions with functions relative to the effective operations of the Admissions Department ensuring the performance meets required departmental and Health System policies and procedures. You will develop and maintain positive relationships with our patients, guests, other team members, and medical staff by striving for excellence in service and quality. For our team members, this is more than a career - it's a calling.You will be responsible for:
Job Requirements What you will need:
- Directing and managing the daily operations of the Admissions Department, managing Team Members and related Team Member issues.
- Overseeing the appropriateness of training techniques and materials utilized by the Department Support Specialist in training staff and measuring productivity. Monitoring and overseeing the auditing and tracking of registration errors to maximize reimbursement and facilitate efficient claim adjudication.
- Working closely with Admissions Supervisors and providing leadership through effective guidance, feedback and delegation of duties.
- Acting as a liaison for the Admissions Department with leadership, physicians, nursing, environmental services, transportation, and all other hospital departments to ensure a good working relationship and to ensure optimal patient safety and excellent customer service with patients, visitors, physicians and hospital staff.
- Managing costs of the department and assisting the Director in budget preparation and monitoring, and ensuring that staffing for the department is utilized in the most efficient manner without jeopardizing customer service or patient safety.
- Monitors all Admissions Department authorization and notification responsibilities, as well as denials resulting from admissions work flow and processes.
Why choose Southeast Georgia Health System?
- High school diploma and Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Healthcare Administration or Nursing.
- 5 years' experience in Admissions/Patient Access operations in an acute or outpatient care setting. At least 5 years supervisory experience desired.
- We are mission-focused to provide safe, quality, accessible, and cost-effective care to meet the health needs of the people and communities it serves
- Our workplace is as pleasant and rewarding as the setting we enjoy outside of work -- imagine stepping out of your workspace and into a world of scenic beauty, outdoor recreational activities, mild winters, natural beaches, fine dining, and a full array of cultural and colonial historic attractions
- The chance to work within a culture that is collegial yet professional, has exceptional career-advancement potential, and work/life balance that is practically unparalleled
- Our facility will allow you to use, sharpen, and add to your skills without having to commute to a large city environment
- We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package which includes generous Paid Time Off, tuition reimbursement, and wellness programs (including free 24/7 access to an onsite gym).
- The ability to be a part of the prestigious Coastal Community Health, a regional affiliation between Baptist Health, Flagler Hospital and Southeast Georgia Health System. This collaboration forms a highly-integrated hospital network focused on significant initiatives designed to enhance the quality and value of care provided to our contiguous communities
Do you want to make a difference in the lives of others? Join our team today to make a positive impact in the lives of our patients and families!