Southeast Georgia Health System is looking for a Public Safety Officer
to join our Safety & Security Team!The Public Safety Officer
supervises and monitors a shift of Security Officers to provide a safe environment for the patients, team members, and visitors. All team members of Southeast Georgia Health System will promote a culture of safety, follow established policies, and adhere to all state and federal regulatory requirements, Joint Commission requirements, and national patient safety standards.The Public Safety Officer
will perform the following essential responsibilities:
- Protects life and property; oversees the physical security of the facility; actively, thoroughly, and unpredictably patrols the greater campus area on foot and by vehicle.
- Detects and reports violations of local, State, and Federal law and violations of health system policy in a timely manner.
- Actively monitors compliance with and enforces parking control policy.
- Monitors Officers' compliance with Health System and Department policies; coaches, counsels, and takes appropriate corrective action when necessary.
- Implements directives from the director and chief.
- Oversees morgue activities and processes related to deceased persons, including recordkeeping and interaction with families/next of kin, funeral homes, and the coroner's office.
- Responsible for overseeing lost & found operations, valuables handling and storage, and control of department issued keys.
- Responds to and actively participates in crisis intervention situations.
- Light clerical duties.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The ideal Public Safety Officer
will possess the following minimum qualifications:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Two years law enforcement experience; supervisory experience preferred
- Georgia POST certification, Valid Georgia Drivers License
- Working knowledge of Georgia law, good organizational and communication skills.
All team members of Southeast Georgia Health System will promote service excellence by developing and maintaining positive relationships with customers, other team members, and the medical staff and will ensure the highest quality of care by performing their responsibilities according to the highest professional standards.Job Type: