Job Description Interested in working for the Golden Isles' healthcare provider and employer of choice?
Throughout the many locations that make up the Southeast Georgia Health System network, there is a common thread that pulls everything together: A team of committed professionals like you. These individuals appreciate the value of every person who walks through our doors, and are the key to our culture of Service Excellence.
As a Supervisor, Admissions, you will assist the Manager of Admissions in supervising the Brunswick Campus admission and registration process through appropriate monitors and controls. You will develop and maintain positive relationships with our patients, guests, other team members, and medical staff by striving for excellence in service and quality. For our team members, this is more than a career - it's a calling.You will be responsible for:
Job Requirements What you will need:
- Assisting in supervising the admission and registration process through appropriate monitors and controls for all hospital registration points of service.
- Assisting in coordinating all aspects of daily downtime activities. Taking prompt action to resolve problems. Performing audits on registrars' work, to include insurance eligibility applications and provides necessary education or corrective action.
- Assisting the Manager on a daily basis with policies, procedures, problem solving, and staffing. Preparing departmental schedules to ensure adequate operational coverage and efficient operations. Participating in "on call" scheduled rotation as needed to field call outs and facilitate coverage of the same for both campuses.
- Assisting in coordinating admission and discharge procedures with the activities of other departments and maintaining harmonious interdepartmental relations. Works in conjunction with Patient Care Services to ensure the efficient and orderly assignment of patient rooms and coordinates the process of issuing account financial numbers to Physicians' Offices for future encounters.
- Assisting the manager in reviewing insurance denials and educating staff on processes to eliminate denials resulting from registration errors or oversight and ensuring optimal reimbursement for services.
- Monitoring daily precertification and notification activities with payers as well as daily receipt/deposit process to ensure responsible staff adheres to established policies.
Why choose Southeast Georgia Health System?
- High school diploma or GED.
- Minimum 3 years' experience with Patient Admissions in a hospital setting. Supervisory experience preferred.
- We are mission-focused to provide safe, quality, accessible, and cost-effective care to meet the health needs of the people and communities it serves
- Our workplace is as pleasant and rewarding as the setting we enjoy outside of work -- imagine stepping out of your workspace and into a world of scenic beauty, outdoor recreational activities, mild winters, natural beaches, fine dining, and a full array of cultural and colonial historic attractions
- The chance to work within a culture that is collegial yet professional, has exceptional career-advancement potential, and work/life balance that is practically unparalleled
- Our facility will allow you to use, sharpen, and add to your skills without having to commute to a large city environment
- We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package which includes generous Paid Time Off, tuition reimbursement, and wellness programs (including free 24/7 access to an onsite gym).
- The ability to be a part of the prestigious Coastal Community Health, a regional affiliation between Baptist Health, Flagler Hospital and Southeast Georgia Health System. This collaboration forms a highly-integrated hospital network focused on significant initiatives designed to enhance the quality and value of care provided to our contiguous communities
Do you want to make a difference in the lives of others? Join our team today to make a positive impact in the lives of our patients and families!